Super Immune Boosting Smoothie Challenge
by: wme_admin on
I walked into my local Shopping Centre today and I felt like turning around and walking straight out. Every where I look, people… Coughing and sneezing!!! Its that time of year… I get it people get sick… it’s a part of life! We all know that there are many contributing factors to any type of illness, its always important to remember that no one shoe fits all.
I challenge you to take on this “Super Immune Boosting Smoothie Challenge” for 1 month and see what happens!! The consequences could be –
- Stronger immunity (fewer colds)
- Dropped a few kg’s
- Sleeping better
- Skin is clearer
- Better digestion (regular poo’s)
- More energy
- Clearer thinking
- Fewer cravings
This is my personal routine; you may need to make changes to suit you and your needs.
- Get good nights sleep 8-10 hours Yes I know I am pushing the boundaries already here for some. This one is not easy for me either.
- When you wake in the morning scrape your tongue and brush your teeth. See my blog on Tongue Scrapping.
- Drink the biggest glass of warm lemon water with a dash of Apple Cider Vinegar you can muster (I like drink at least a litre)
- Exercise! What ever your preference is, I do a half hour run or a HIIT Session 4-5 times a week and a heavy 45 min weight session once a week.
- Drink your Immune Boosting Smoothie.
- Drink it slowly, enjoy it! Chew it, if that’s possible. Your smoothie should taste good, play around with the ingredients until you get a blend that your love. I add a little raw organic honey into my kids smoothies.
It’s a good idea to prepare smoothies the night before. Store in a couple of mason jars in the fridge or any airtight container. I always have 2 for me, so I can snack on one later in the day.
* Note a powerful blender gets better results. If you don’t have one, you can juice the vegetables first then blend ingredients together.
Serves – 2 Big Smoothies roughly 1200ml
2 scoops of Coconut Pea Protein (I like to use our Vegan Blend in the mornings for the alkalinity)
1 ripe banana (if your not keen on banana swap with ½ a avocado)
1-2 cups of kale or any collard greens
2 large stalks of celery
520ml of coconut water
500ml of water
1-2 thumbs of raw ginger peeled
1 thumb of raw turmeric peeled
1 tspn of flaxseed of coconut oil
1 tspn of powdered greens (optional)
2 cups of ice if making on the day (not needed if made the night before)
Simply blend all ingredients together in your blender until smooth.
Be sure to leave comments below if you have any questions and to let me know if you have a newfound spring in your step!