8 Tips to Stay Lean this Winter – Winter Food Diary Planner Download
by: Vicky Reihana on
8 Tips to Stay Lean this Winter
We all know how easy it is to let healthy habits slide during the cooler months.
Below are some fail-safe tips to keep you motivated during winter so you breeze into Summer feeling confident, strong, healthy and happy.
- Keep a food diary to stay on track and accountable
- Eat every 3 hours to speed up your metabolism
- Drink at least 2-3 liters of every day
- Experiment with different Green Teas, which has fat burning properties
- Fill up on nourishing winter home made vegetable soups
- Have at least 1 high protein green smoothie every day to boost your immune system
- Rug up and do at 2 workouts out side a week to boost energy levels when feeling sluggish
- Have a back up plan! If it’s dark cold and wet outside opt for a body weight HIIT workout INDOORS
- Start the day with warm lemon Water and a teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar. This will detox, hydrate and protect against bugs. Regularly sip on water through out the day
- Eat every 3 to 4 hours including a quality source of protein and loads of vegetables. Limit fruit 1-2 serves. Don’t overdo it. NEVER OVER FILL YOUR BELLY!
- HAVE 1 TREAT MEAL A WEEK, choose quality over quantity.
- Avoid alcohol, and processed foods if you are determined to drop body fat, they mess with your appetite, hormones and metabolism
- Add weights into your workout, building muscle will help your loose body fat, slow down the ageing process and keep you strong
- Eat rainbows, choose a variety of vegetables with lots of colour and flavour for maximum antioxidant and vitamins intake
- Add fermented foods like sauerkraut, kefir, bone broth and kombucha into your diet to assist with digestion and absorption of nutrients